Opinionated, talented, creative and successful in his own right, Koos van den Akker of New York interview from 2010.
Note: some colourful language and opinions but very insightful.
Koos has a way with fabrics like no other. You can purchase his sewing patterns by visiting your local Vogue Sewing Pattern retailer or visiting the Vogue Sewing website.
Two of my favourite Koos van der Akker designs for Vogue Patterns are:
• V1277 Reversible Jacket:
• V1244 Misses Top, Reversible Skirt & Belt:
Kathryn Brenne of The Academy of Fine Sewing & Design in North Bay, Ontario, features workshops with Koos van der Akker at her excellent studio. The most recent was this past September with a 5-Day Master Techniques Workshop.
Bookmark Kathryn's website to check for future class listings with Koos.
Of Interest To Me...
- ► 2013 (26)
- Koos van den Akker: Profile of The Man Who Paints ...
- Fred Astaire & Rita Hayworth Swing It To Elvis Pre...
- Sunday Morning Recycling: Block Blanket Cut Outs
- Snow Makes Us Happy!
- "Granada" by Eydie Gormé & Los Pochos
- 12 Machine Knits In 2012 Knit-A-Long
- What's Up With Noises? (The Science and Mathematic...
- Lena Horne: You'd Better Love Me.
- Liamolly Reborn: The Determination of Seema Sudan ...
- ▼ January (9)
- ► 2011 (43)
- ► 2010 (48)
- ► 2009 (62)